BFA Auditions: 10 Contrasting Female Songs We'd Use - Altos
- OnStage Editor-in-Chief
It's that time of year again, BFA Audition Season. For many high school seniors the next couple of months are going to be filled with auditions to decide not only what schools you'll get into, but how much scholarship money might be attached to those offers.
For however long you might be in the audition room, everything has to go perfect. There are way too many lists out there telling you what songs to avoid. There are also not enough lists out there telling you what parts of what songs to use.
So with that in mind, here are 10 contrasting(uptempo/ballad) songs with the suggested parts marked. We feel these pieces not only will show off your voice but your personality as well. We'll do these in sections, so today it will be Altos.
1. "My Strongest Suit" from Aida - 4:17 mark
2. "I Want to Go to Hollywood" from Grand Hotel - 2:40 Mark
3. "Always True To You" from Kiss Me Kate - 4:21 Mark
4. "Being Mrs. Banks(Reprise)" from Mary Poppins - :48 Mark
5. "My Lifelong Love" by Georgia Stitt - :34 Mark
1. The Secret of Happiness from Daddy Long Legs - 1:44 Mark
2. "Stranger to the Rain" from Children of Eden - 1:34 Mark
3. "Breathe" from In the Heights - 2:33 mark
4. "A Change in Me" from Beauty & the Beast - 2:05 Mark
5. Pretty Funny from Dogfight - 2:00 mark
Photo: Photos taken at Beauty and The Beast Musical in Singapore Media Preview
Photos credit to Base Entertainment Asia